July 29, 2008

Pupusas Night

Pupusas Group, Nichole, Me and Valentino. We love being El Salvadorian

Last Monday night I went to Nichole Tia's home for Pupupsa Night!!!! Pupupsas are the traditional food of El Salvador. (Where I am from) It was a fun night with the missionaries and Nichole's family. Judy, Nichole's Aunt made a dozens and dozens of puppusas......I guess I should explain what pupusas are to all of you who are lost right now. Pupusas are thick tortilla with cheese, meat or beans in the center. You eat them with cabbage mix and red salsa. They are absolutely delicious. We also had platanios, beans and crema, its a traditional breakfast food for El Salvadorians. Wow all of this food is making me hungry so let me finish telling you about the evening.



The missionaries wanted to help make pupusas, so they decided they would learn. This was funny, those poor missionaries, getting their hands all dirty, trying to make the perfect pupusa. Its okay after many tries they finally, kind of got it!
The night was filled with laughter, food and fun.

-Enjoying Frisco, El Salvadorian Style

3 comments:

Laura said...

Are they similar to arepas?

Candi said...

Not sure what arepas are???

Laura said...

They look exactly like what is on the grill, but we don't fill them with anything. They look like a thick tortilla. Oh, if you go to my blog, and click the link to my recipe blog (recipe resource) I have some pictures of them in there. Just put in a search for arepas and they should pop up.