August 18, 2009

Tragic Wedding Moment

After I brought myself back, it was already time for the bouquet throwing, my least favorite part of a wedding. Honestly my fate relies on my catching skills and if you know me I can’t catch! Of course I always get shoved and dragged to the dance floor where I am surrounded by another twenty girls, keeping their stand strong, looking straight up, eyes on the prize, do or die trying attitude. Well, there I am, somehow I had made it to the front, center spot, I guess the best place to be to score. As soon as her arm went up, it was like slow motion, the pushing began from all the girls behind me, restless, eager and then it happen the flowers were chucked into the air! It didn’t feel real, almost from a movie, instincts kick in and before you know it I was reaching for the flowers. I had about a second to think about it, if I caught it I would have to dance with some boy, a ridiculous song in front of everyone, but then it could mean I am one more step closer to getting married, right! So I went for it, hands, body already in the catching position. It was coming, and in surprise towards me! I held my breath, ready for the impact it was maybe two feet away from my hands. I thought, it’s happening, it’s coming, oh my goodness, yes, yes, yes and then all of a sudden she snagged it from my hands. Before I knew it I was out of the game. I had lost the closes moment to every catching those silly flowers. I stood there, probably with a disgusted look on my face, “it was mine for a second”. As I walked back to my chair actually disappointed I realized the pain, no not the pain from my heart in sadness, but the scar the "girl" left on my writs in the moment of being beaten. She had cut me, full scratch with her fake nails, it was bleeding and stinging!!! I laughed in anger because I finally gave into catching those flowers; I had lost and know left with a scar to remind me I am not getting married any time soon.

Enjoying Life~ trying to deal with the truth


My new scar; it's a reminder!

Like a true Mexican, Armando stole his favorite Mexican candy and stuffed them in my purse.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I like that dress...

Photography By Jo said...

Oh so sad! I was hoping you might announce something. I just saw wedding and got my hopes up ;)