January 17, 2008

Why Kansas???

Well lately everyone has been asking me, Why Kansas?
Well let me give you a brief run down on why I went to Kansas.
For all of you who don't know I am a Non-Profit Organization Management major. Being a part of this major, I get the chance to receive a American Humanics Certificate. The mission of American Humanics is to prepare, educate, and inspire future nonprofit leaders. Basically I get the opportunity to connect with other nonprofit students and network with many nonprofit professionals. Part of my certificate is to take a class called AHMI, NLM420. This class is all about the institute we get to go to in January which happens every year. In the class we get the opportunity to fundraising to travel to the institute site. Which this year was in Kansas City and next year it will be in Indianapolis!
In the end I get a trip that I only had to pay $200 for. Plus I experience a new city, meet and network with tons of nonprofit professionals, learn new things about our career and have a great time with all of my friends.
That is about it, hope you all understood....
Why Kansas City!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh yeah, I remember you telling me about that! That is so awesome Kandi! I'm glad you have been having a good time with your major. Congratulations on raising enough to go.

Candi said...

Whitney,
I love my major, it is so much fun! I am glad that I chose this major.
Thank you, we worked hard to go. We raised about 33,000.

Candi :)