April 4, 2008

In loving memory of Brooke


Brooke my friend, past away last Thursday. Yesterday was her a funeral and well it was a lot harder then I thought it would be. To see all the people I grew up which I have not seen in forever was weird. I didn't think something like this would bring us together. It still gives me the chills to think Brooke is gone. I know that she is in a better place now but it is still hard to think she died so young. Brooke was only twenty years old. She actually was only a little short then two months from her 21st birthday. Yesterday morning at the funeral I was filled with so many emotions. Of course I was extremely sad, but I was also filled with other emotions, ones that I cant even describe. Standing at cemetery, watching those doves fly off in memory of my friend was to much. She was so young! She was like any of us with plans, dreams, goals. She went school and work like all of us, just living her life. But all of that is gone, its hard to deal with death but its harder to deal with death when someone is so young.

I grew up going to school with Brooke, she was a great friend that always had your back. She was confident, strong, loud mouth. She loved to laugh and make the people around her laugh. Brooke we will always remember you. May God bless her family, and close friends that will miss her more than ever. We will see you again,

Brooke Bassler
05/28/1987-03/27/2008

Rest in Peace

3 comments:

Whitney said...

WHAT!! Brooke died? How? I went to elementary school with that girl. We were actually pretty good friends back then. That is too bad! She is a good person. If you know how, could you let me know? I love you Kandi, things like this remind me that I need to tell those that I love, that I love them more often.

Jeremy Jo and EmmaLee Tiny said...

Oh wow, I had no idea!? I was in classes with her. That is so sad. It's always hard when people pass away when they have so much life ahead of them.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel