May 27, 2008

The Beauty of Mother Nature

My adventures only start here in San Francisco. Today I got the experience to travel up to Big Basin Redwood State Park. What a sight to see. The trip was only about a 45 min drive from my new home. The scenery is beautiful and when you get to the top of the mountain its worth the drive. I have never seen trees these large! Seriously these pictures don't do the justice. These tress are huge!!!! Its phenomenal to see them the father of the forest is 66 ft and 9in circumference. tress are not only massive but incredibly aged. The father tree is 2,000 years old. Yes, it was sprouted in the year eight. I cant even imagine its crazy to think!

Now my day dose not stop there. Mother Nature has more than one beauty in California. I went to the beach side of Santa Cruz, to watch the graceful waves sweep over the rocks. Now if the gigantic tress were not enough beauty the view of the ocean is breath taking. The weather was cool and calming, I could stay there forever. It was my first time seeing a light house, I felt like I was in a movie scene. Overall the day was filled with fun and beauty. Enjoying the life in San Francisco

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you're having a great time. I haven't been there since I was three, and I don't remember it. Maybe it's time to plan another vacation...

Photography By Jo said...

wow! Beautiful. You are making me want to go on a vacation. Looks like you are having a great time. I'm so happy for you!