January 14, 2009

The Conclusion

The revealing of another culture first hand was amazing. It truly is something that all students should try to experience. Especially if you are Tourism major because it not only is a trip across the world, but it really gives you the understanding and knowledge of how hospitality and management in other countries are run. I have recently added a Convention Sales and Meeting Planning certificate to my study. I have only taking one tourism class but I have already began to feel the aura of how the Tourism major is structured. Dr. Teye (my professor from TDM 205) spoke of traveling constantly and usually international traveling. I felt a little out of place in class, mainly because so many students had already been out of the country and could give real life experiences to the class material. One of my fellow StAR members, Amarone is a tourism major and has had a chance to do a good amount of traveling. I am pretty sure it has benefited his tourism knowledge.

Not only do Tourism major benefit from international traveling but also any student can. Along the way students can experiences and debate the social controls and problem solving within a society having different politics and history. You get the chance to look into the guts of an unfamiliar culture and gain a true and rounded education. Overall, students get a chance to feel, see, taste and hear the other side of the world. I never noticed how narrow minded I was, I really do have more of an open mind of the world and people in it.

My Germany trip was filled with rich culture, that I defiantly enjoyed indulging in. The people were extremely kind and friendly. I cant wait to return to Europe.

-Enjoy the rest of the photos, it feels good to be home.

1 comment:

Photography By Jo said...

I love all the pictures! Sounds like it was quite the experience!