January 13, 2009

BERLIN

What dose it feel like to be in Berlin! one word..... Amazing!

Berlin is filled with history, culture and fun! As soon as I got off the train people were surrounding me in the largest train station in Europe. We walked out to see the glowing lights of Berlin as my body felt the cold wind, turning my checks to rosy pink. I was in love and ready to explore the amazing city! Unfortunately, it was late and I was hungry, so I would have to sleep and await for what Christmas Eve would bring me in Berlin.

The next day I embarked into Berlin. It was rainy and cold but didn't stop me, prepared with my umbrella, I was thrilled to see all of the monuments, memorials and the statues. It was really easy to think, "wow these are beautiful buildings" but honestly standing in front of a wall that split families and friends, brought tears to my eyes. I stood next to a wall where refugees who had reached that area were shot without warning............................history...........it can be shocking and so much more real when your staring at it.
To end my adventures day in History, we went to the Blue Man Group.
Blue Man Group is unlike any other show. It is simply three blue-hued men dressed in black who make music, make you laugh and make you think. The show is part comedy, part performance art and part wacky science experiment. They never utter a word, but instead use their eyes, facial expressions and gestures to evoke responses from the audience. It was a fantastic show, that is worth going to see. Enjoy life...before it becomes History,

4 comments:

benton said...

Hey Candi!! That rocks you get to hang out in Germany for awhile! How exciting!!! how was it spending Christmas there?
Hey, just a thought, I was looking at your pics on your Title collage, and was wondering if you still by chance have my pink snowboarding jacket, from aeropostale? I cant find it. Anyway, let me know. THanks!

benton said...

sorry, it says Benton, but this is Brittany (Robinson)

Laura said...

Man, you have so many great adventures. What great memories you're building!

Photography By Jo said...

That's so great that you had such a good time! I would love to go to Germany some day! You lucky duck!