February 8, 2009

Random things in Germany

So I never got a chance to tell you about all the random things I found in Germany. Yes, there were many "randoms" on my trip, but I went ahead and narrowed them down to the top 5 things you find in Germany and not in America. So sit back and enjoy a good laugh.

Random Hit #1
Shoe Shining machine
Yup, that is right, I stayed in three different hotels, and every single one of them had a free shoe shiners. Nice, my shoes looked great, but random.Random Hit #2
I had never really thought about it but the cross walk signs are completely different. Yeah, I guess a lot of different countries have different signs. Common sense, but random.Random Hit#3
Car size
As you all have seen in movies or maybe you have travel around Europe, the streets are narrow and small. For this reason you get majorly small, small, small cars. The smallest car I saw, was a one sitter with three wheels. Here is a picture of an average size vehicle in Germany. Random Hit#4
Coat Racks
Now most of you all know what a coat rack is used for. I know we don't use them in Arizona but most of you have traveled somewhere in the mid-west or east, where they do use them.
In Berlin we kept seeing these green telephone booths in random places on the street. Little did we know they were not telephone booths, they actually were coat racks. Yes, random coat racks on the side of street. I know, your thinking how odd, but there is a sense to this green booth. They were actually coat racks for police officers. Kind of makes sense but still random.Random Hit #5
Flush
This was one of the most exciting parts of Europe, the Bathrooms and by far the most random thing I found in Germany. See there I am on the seat, finishing up my routine, wipe, stand, buckle and then flush. When all of sudden I'm looking for the to handle to flush. I look around for a moment and then I notice this huge button in front of my eyes. I then realize this huge, 2 foot button infront of me is the flush. How weird.... no handle!
So that is the winner, if you don't see a handle, look for the giant button in front of your eyes.

Enjoy life, and the randoms-

1 comment:

Photography By Jo said...

Hahaha thanks for the laugh! NOT FAIR their walking light sign is MUCH better than ours!!! SOmeone should have a chat with the people who are incharge of making ours