May 10, 2009

It feels good to be an AHer

As the year comes to an end, I become closer and closer to graduation. Part of my passage is attending the American Humanics annually dinner. This year would be different from the pass two years. This year, I would be one of the recognized seniors. The last couple of years I have had the joy of dressing up with my girls, driving together, taking a million pictures and then hanging out after dinner.
This year dinner was absolutely different. My parents were invited, I received the senior frame gift and got to stand on stage a couple of times. I was very happy to have my parents there and have them meet the other side of my life, American Humanics.
I enjoyed the ceremony and was horned in wining an award for my leadership in AHMI. I received a plaque with my name and a donation in my name was given to AHMI for this year campaign.Patrick McWhortor from the Arizona Alliance of Nonprofit was our keynote speaker. He spoke about the transformation of the nonprofit sector becoming the center of the economy. It was a motivating speech to us seniors entering the sector during this economic crises.The overall experience of the annually dinner felt so surreal but it is the passage to graduation. I want congratulate the class of 2009 graduating seniors from American Humanics. May we all be apart of the good for the change in this world.

Enjoying life, waiting to graduate-

4 comments:

Cec said...

You are making us all so proud!!Congratulations!

Photography By Jo said...

Once again congrats on graduating!

The Blakes said...

I am honestly so proud of you. I've known you for a long time and you have always been such a hard worker. The great thing is, that I know this is only the beginning for you. You are beautiful on the inside and out. Keep doing what your doing. I am sorry that I couldn't be there on Saturday. I'm not sure if you heard, but my Grandma Shill who we lived with passed away and her funeral was yesterday. You are amazing!

The Blakes said...

I'm baaaAAACK. Sorry, typo. Keep doing what YOU'RE doing. That was stupid of me...:)