June 29, 2009

A Happy Father's Day

This year I have been slacking on planning every event for my family. For the longest time I have always been the planner. I plan every family event, birthdays, holidays, baby showers, bridal showers, and even family FHE. However, this year I have been the biggest slacker, I seriously have waited to the last minute to plan everything. I am not sure if it is because I know I will plan a marvelous event (since I am that good) or I am just waiting to see if anyone else will pick up the slack.

Well Father's Day came, and I was so surprise with my sisters. Yes, they picked up the slack. Two phone calls, one with Emma and the other with my mother. The verdict: I had to buy only ONE thing. It was the oddest feeling. So I guess I am trying to say thank you to my sisters for making sure everything was planned. :)

It was a great Father's day. Simple, joyful and just felt loving. My dad broke down and told us how much he loves us. It was the sweetest thing. We don't hear those true feelings from my dad very often, he is a manly man and doesn't cry. However, he got choked up.

Enjoy the photos, it has been a while since we have taken a group photo, although Jonathan is missing...we still love you.
6 out of 7 kids and my dad
Everyone wants to take a picture with Emma, seriously she is in almost every photo
The grand kids.... Lina is on her way, that is why Ceci is in the picture.
Yeah, my new hat that I love, and my cute nephews!

Enjoying Life with Family~

4 comments:

Cec said...

We gave you a little break for this family event...but don't get used to it. I don't think that anyone was a fan of waiting 3 hours to eat...that would have never happened with your fabulous planning skills!

Emilee said...

Hey!! I'm soo sad I missed out on Father's day!!!! I wanted to be there sooooo bad, but that's ok!!! Love you miss you!!! KEEP IN TOUCH!!!!

Emilee said...

I'm not in the picture of the grand kids, so not evryone of the grand kids!!!! There's NO pictures of me on your blog!!!! Love you miss you!!! KEEP IN TOUCH!!!! and check your emails!!!

The Blakes said...

You look so cute in that hat. There are alot of people trying to rock that look who can't pull it off. You pass with flying colors!