September 28, 2009

Birthday, oh what fun!

So before September is over I should talk about my birthday. Please note this is not a happy story, more like a pity story, but don't worry it gets better.

Usually I make my birthday a big deal, but turning 23 wasn't really a highlight, plus Armando gave me a hard time about not letting other people, (family and friends) do something for me.
So this year I decided to do nothing for myself. No, party, birthday dinner, dancing, lunch dates, nothing, I wasn't going to plan anything!

So I waited............. and waited.................................... and waited....................................!

11:00am: Still sitting in bed, reading Twlight!

12:30pm: I got out of my bed board from waiting. I discovered my father cooking breakfast and playing a birthday song from his computer. Makes me feel pretty good and loved.

1:00pm: Armando shows up with roses and a card. (Pretty sweet, third time he has ever got me flowers) So excited that the rest of day is about to turn around to something amazing!

Then I went back to waiting.............. and waiting some more! Grr...........

4:00pm: Pedicure with my mom and sister Cecilia. (This is when I received, "Catching Fire", which is amazing) There is a smile on my face because I assume when I get home the evening will start and my toes will look cute.

6:30pm: I'm home, staring at Armando on the couch.

6:35pm: Armando and me have a pretty serious conversation,
C: So what are we doing tonight?
A: I don't know, whatever you want to?
C: Well what do you want to do, or what do you have plan????
A: Umh........It's your birthday you pick?
C: GRR (Wrong Answer)
A: What!
C: I thought you wanted me to sit back and wait for my family and friends to do something, and now you want me to pick, remember you didn't want me to plan anything, I don't get it?
A: Well.................it's your birthday I figure we do what you wanted to do.
C: So pretty much you having nothing planned? Grr!
......................... (nothing we sit).....................
A: Fine, lets leave

After arguing and some crying, I ended up at the mall buying myself shoes to make me feel better. Shoes can fix a lot of things!

9:30pm: Finally decided on dinner. During dinner I found out Armando is throwing me a surprise birthday party next weekend!
- Oh how did I find out, HE TOLD ME! so much for a surprise. As much as I want to be happy and excited I feel like the night was awful and he only told me to make me feel bad.

11:00pm: Bed, After much thought someone is in the dog house!

Happy Birthday CANDIDA! Now I remember why I always plan every moment of my birthday ........................... So I am not disappointed.

-Please read next post, you'll realize why I wrote this one.

2 comments:

Cec said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome birthday to me. Breakfast, Roses, Pedicure, New Book!! There is nothing to complain about!!!

Photography By Jo said...

Yeah I think that next year I'm going to have to have a super birthday! I should start my planning now. Last year I had JUST had a baby and this year I had a miscarriage. Did NOTHING for either birthday. Next year I think I'm going to make up for the last two years for sure.