September 29, 2009

Birthday wake up call

I'm an awful Human Being.

Little do I know how much I take people for granted.

Little do I realize how much people love me.

Little do I focus on the good things.

Little do I care about others sacrifice.

But now I do realize.

For the past 22 years I expect everyone and anyone to bend over backwards for me, to give me everything I want, to give me a fairytale or a scene in a movie.

I raise my expectations to the sky and if you don't meet it, I mean a inch off, I am disappointed.
I did all of this on my birthday, I expect the perfect day, pack with every awing moment.

I am an awful person.

September 4, 2009: I woke up and realized what I had done.
I didn't thank:

every person that sent me a birthday text
every person who sent me a Facebook message
my dad for making me breakfast
my dad for playing & singing ridiculous birthday songs
Andrea surprising me with yummy cupcakes and McKenzie drawing me a picture of us
my little brothers giving me birthday hugs, wishes and spending the little money they had to by me converts
my brother Jonathan sending me the best birthday video from Flagstaff
my mother taking me to get a pedicure, although I know she didn't have the funds to pay for it
my sister joining us at the pedicure
my sister giving me the best book ever, although she had to go to 10 different stores to find the book
my nieces and nephews giving the best birthday voice message
and
Armando giving me yellow roses and the best card, knowing how much I love yellow flowers
Armando for being so patient and waiting for me, even though I took three hours at the salon
Armando for looking so fine in my favorite cloths of his
Armando for shaving, I love his baby face
Armando for driving me every where, because I don't have a car
Armando for taking me to dinner even though he didn't have the money for it
Armando for hugging, holding me and giving me everything he could give me.

How could I be so ungrateful?
September 4, 2009 I woke up thankful that I had the best boyfriend a girl could have. I woke up thankful having friends who loved me and spent the time to show me. I woke up thankful having a family that loves me so much. I woke up loved and thankful!
Birthdays are about spending time with those people, birthdays are about being happy, simple and loved in the smallest ways.

- Thank you for the birthday wishes

6 comments:

Cec said...

I like this post!

Laura said...

I used to do the same thing! Finally I got so annoyed that I was always disappointed on my birthday and holidays that I devided to not expect anything and just be happy with what comes my way. Every special occasion has been great since then!

Photography By Jo said...

I know the feeling exactly! :D

Candi said...

Thank you everybody for your post, it means so much to me to know I am not alone and you don't think I am a bad person!

ANDEE AND ANTHONY said...

Ahh candi ur so sweet i dont think ur ungrateful trust mee...it took me going thru the hard times to truly see..lol..when am i taking u for ur pedi??? well i hope soon and maybe even next week...i still owe u..sorry

Aimee said...

I once opened a fortune cookie and some of the best advice fell into my lap. "The secret to happiness is counting your blessings while everyone else is counting their troubles." I think you've already figured this one out.