January 27, 2008

Mom? Mommy? Mother?

Being a Mother.
I wondering what it takes to be a mom. I wonder if I will be a good mom? Most people tell me that I will be a good mom, but I don't know, I'm afraid to be a mom. How do you know what and when your baby needs something. How do you just know? That is my question to all you mothers. Now I'm not expecting to be pregnant any time soon but this past month I got to hang out with my best friend Jo. It is always amazing to watch her and her daughter interact. Jo and I are the same age, but she has a completely different world then me. Jo is a full time mom and full time wife. Jo was born and she was ready to be a mom, on the other hand, babies like to cry when I hold them. Will I ever be a good mom?
Joanell invited me over the other night for dinner. We made "chimichangas" and played with her daughter Emma Lee. I love watching Joanell play with Emma Lee, its like she knew exactly what to do, she is a great mom.
My biggest fear of having children is not being ready, but I figure......... I will never be ready.

To all you mothers, I want you to know I admire your courage and faith
in being wonderful Mom's.

No comments: