February 3, 2008

Change for America, Obama?

January 30 2008 Barack Obama Speech:
Cheers from the crowd echoed through out the arena "Obama, Obama, Obama"! I have never attended a Presentational speech and was not sure what to expect. I do not consider myself a strong active citizen, as I would like to be. So I have decided it is time! That day would be like any other day in till I was invited to attend the speech of a lifetime. Before I carry on I do want my readers to know I am not a democrat or a republican I am a citizen discovery where I want to stand, I am undecided. I only want to share my college experience of the political world to my readers. One of my professor said to me, "It is not in till you get to college do you begin to discover who and where you stand", so I attend to do so, discover.

As I sat in the crowd and gazed through out the stadium and analyzed the people I wondered, what made them come to the speech today? I saw people of every age, from younger children with their parents to older couples hand in hand. What sparkled in their eyes, what dwelt in their hearts? As Obama reach the stage, the crowd cheered harder and harder shouting his name. I was anxious to hear what he had to say, obviously he had caught the hearts of these people there. Hope, believing, change.....all of these words were used with power to deliver the great speech he gave. Obama states, "that a change is needed, the change needs to occur now". With this said in the first five minutes, Obama had already caught my attention. He goes on making many promises, my only concern is he truly going to keep them, here are some of my favorite things he said...

"I meet teachers that are working second jobs to make ends meet, who are digging in their pockets for money, to buy school supplies. Prisons are new, but schools are old. Teacher will have a higher salary".

"47 million American with out Health Care. We have a broken Health Care! If I am elected president, everyone will have access to Health Care as much as I do as a congress man, and I will make this happen by the first term as president".

"College affordable for every young person. We will give a loan up to 4,000 for college but to repay us back we want you to volunteer for your community. We will invest in you, you will need to invest in America".

" I don't just want to end the war but end the mind set that got us into the war".

"All of this is possible if we are ready for change".
Obama made plenty of promises, and I am pretty sure that all running for president are making promises as well. I know they can talk, but the important part is if they can walk the talk. Obama did say, "I am not going to tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear, as president". We will just see what happens.
I am ready for change, I am ready for change to happen now. I just don't know who should lead that change. But, Obama is very passionate about believing in the change of America.

I advice all of you to get out there, get involved now, if not you are going to be left behind and then it's too late.

http://my.barackobama.com

Enjoy-

No comments: