June 18, 2008

Green is the new BLACK

I saw a shirt yesterday it said the following, "Green is the new BLACK".Living here in San Francisco I have learned a new way of life. The bay area is all about the "green". Every where I go the bay area is always surprising me with something even more exciting that they are doing to help the environment. Being here almost a month now, I have changed my life style of living, I have gone GREEN and there is no coming back! Its hard not too, seriously everyone here recycles, brings their own bags to the grocery store, walks, rides public transportation, and you know those carry out/take out dishes, well here there they use a recycle material to make them. It doesn't stop there, the bay area even has "Spare the air day" were public transportation is free, pretty much this movement is amazing and the bay area is all over it.As we all know the new epic is all about going "Green" and how we can help preserve our world. Recently they have had a huge boom of cars converting to cooking oil. Edward sent me a good article from the NY times about how cooking oil is getting stolen from restaurants. When I read I couldn't help to laugh, its unbelievable, cooking oil is getting stolen. A local restaurant stated, “Ten years ago we couldn’t give this stuff away. Now everybody’s fighting over it.” Hopefully our new president can come up with a way to fix this problem(and the many more we have).

-Enjoying life in San Francisco, going "Green" style

2 comments:

Photography By Jo said...

I reuse my grocery bags to wrap dirty diapers in so they don't stink up my trash. :) I guess that isn't as good as going completely green but at least they are getting used twice.

Bert and Benton said...

Hey Candi! So, I'm so jealous you get to spend your summer in San Fran, it's an amazing city!
Yeah, we biked the Golden Gate while we were there, but we were dumb and did it tandem, not fun. It was quite the workout, but awesome all the same! So what exactly do you do there, I ask ernest, but he doesn't give me all the details.