June 26, 2008

Internship Update

I haven't really talked about my new intern and all of the wonderful things I do. So here is my update for now. I work at BAVC Bay Area Video Coalition. It is a nonprofit that "brings cultural and economic participation to underserved communities through media, and the belief that telling compelling stories is powerful for both media maker and audience. Over the last 30 years, BAVC has developed an entrepreneurial web of programs and services that brings together a multi-generational mix of artists, experienced media professionals, educators, low-income youth and adults, non-profit organizations and industry partners in this pursuit". Overall BAVC is trying to bring technology to everyone!
Not only am I passionate about nonprofit work, I have always been passionate about Technology and staying up to date with the new media.

So far I have been working on their new website and office work.
However, in July I am really excited to be working on a nonprofit institute. I will be helping organize and produce a institute where 10 nonprofits will have the chance to come into BAVC facilities to "learn how they can use mobile or other new media application to better serve their constituencies, realize their program goals, and maximize the fiscal benefits of new technologies within their organization".
I cant wait to help plan this event. I will get to really understand what it takes to plan an event, while at the same time meet 10 nonprofits in the bay area, networking!!!

BAVC has a lot of great documentaries and videos created in their facilities. I have been watching many, due too transferring them to the new website. I will try to post a couple every once in a while. Here is my all time favorite. Please take the time to watch it, you will love it.

-Enjoying life in San Francisco

Slip of Tongue

1 comment:

Photography By Jo said...

Fun video. It looks like you are staying busy. When will you be back to Mesa? I saw you were down last weekend...? and I didn't get to see you :(