July 1, 2008

Waiting and still waiting

I live in Sunnyvale but I work in San Francisco. It takes me about a good hour n half to two hours to get to work. Yes you read right, that is a long time! So this post is dedicated to all time I waste, especially since there is no internet access on public transportation!

Here we go:
- 7:00am, get ready, daily routine and out the door by 7:50am. (Of course, if I am trying to look nice that day add 45 mins to wake up call.)

-7:50am I walk about 2 blocks and half to get to the train station.
-8:13am Get on Caltrain but its usually late! Then I take my 45 min ride to San Francisco. We make a total of 5 stops, because I take the bullet train, which cuts out more than half the stops.

-9:02am off the Caltrain, on too the T (city train)
-9:13am the T finally picks me up, this train is always late. Its suppose to run every 10 mins but it really runs every 15 mins and then 2 mins apart from the next train. grr!

-9:20am Take the muni bus

-9:32am I finally get off the bus, walk to blocks and somehow make it to my work
-9:40am Time to Work.

As you can see this an adventure in adventure to get work! I love public transportation but not this much.
Okay, so this is where I need some help.

Within all this time wasted I have created a new habit its called reading. (although I still use my ipod regularly) Honestly reading, I have read three books in one month. Now I am usually reading but never for my own pleasure. I usually have to ready books from school, which well are all exciting but I rather read what I want to read. So here I am asking you all to give me an answer, What book should I read next? I want to know all of your favorite books you recommend, so bring it on.

Enjoying Life in San Francisco

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh good...I have the same hobby during my bus ride! Maybe we can switch ideas back and forth.

1. You've probably read them, but The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer is always a hit
2. I also recommend her book, The Host.
3. I just finished reading "These is my Words." You can find a post about it on my blog...I HIGHLY recommend it.
4. I love The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
5. The Alchemist...I'll have to get back to you on the author. It's a quick read, but very inspirational.

Photography By Jo said...

I was just going to say... the TWIGHT SERIES!!! Laura already voted on that one! I think between our two votes you should read them!