July 2, 2008

My Home, Arizona

This past weekend I had the opportunity to visit home. Yes, I was in Arizona! Oh the four days in good 120 degree weather. Like my brother said it, a vacation from my vacation.

I had a good time surprising my family, really they had no idea I was coming. They all got together for my sister birthday and there I go walking in, mouths drop and excitement filled the air. They were all excited to see me. My brother had just bought his new scooter, obviously to help save the environment and money.Of course like a true Henriquez Arizonian I woke up Saturday at 3:30 in the morning, stumbling in the dark I grabbed my towel and flip flops and I was out the door. We made it to the lake by 5 :00 am to get the first clear water. My three older brothers and two older sisters out at the lake ready to catch the wake. The sun was barely up and the cool air and warm water was perfect. We had a great time wake-boarding and 9:00am we were done. I spent the rest of the day out in the sun watching my younger brothers soccer game. Finally the heat hit me and I was exhausted by five o'clock. I still had plans for evening, exhausted, but I hung in there.I ended my trip visiting friends but mostly with family. I wasn't ready to go back but I probably wouldn't be for a while, so I had to force myself back on the plane. I left 120 degree weather and returned to foggy 58 degrees, San Francisco.

Enjoy Life-

1 comment:

Luci-lou said...

Looks like you had a blast here in AZ! I'm glad you found my blog too! Some good books to read I think are the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer, any John Grisham books, Nora Roberts, Emily Giffin. Try those. They are good!