November 5, 2008

Happy Obama Day!

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America -- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you -- we as a people will get there," Obama, Chicago, Illinois Nov. 4th 2008

History was made last night, Obama is the first African-American to win the White House. Yesterday was a day filled excitement and pride in our country. Casting my vote in the historic election, is going to be a day I never forget. My father and I both had a chance to vote for the first time in our lives. My father a recent citizen since September was every thrilled to cast his ballot. He had a lot of questions but we both walked out proud to have our stickers, I voted today!

Campus was also filled with the exciting feeling of presidential election! I spent some time in the Cronkite building at the presidential election count down. They had popcorn, cookies and the large screen projecting the votes coming in. A lot of students came out to support McCain and Obama. The Cronkite students where filming and interviewing live through out the event. The school even had Mayor Gordon stop by the event. It was a great place to be excited about the election. Although I wish I was in Chicago that night.

Overall, it was a proud day to be United States citizen

Wait! Except the fact that we still elected a hate-mongering sheriff to his 5th term. I am really disappointed in Arizona. A man that can beat people in prison to death and get away with it. A man that can focus so much hate towards immigrants and spend our tax money on witch hunts for day to day people living their normal lives. Its called Racial profiling! Congrats to change but when will Arizona notice that we are being left behind in step towards change. When will Arizona learn that hate is never the answer.

Enjoy life-


1 comment:

Photography By Jo said...

Beat people to death? I haven't heard that yet? Is the media just not sharing that side of the story? Do you have any articles about it or anything like that? I would love to see them. I hate that the media likes to play sides and hides information from the people. I really hope that Obama will do a good job. I'm a little nervous about some of his policies but I pray for the best and have faith that things will work out.