November 16, 2008

I am NOT a Cowgirl


Saturday morning Armando decided to surprise me and take me out to Cave creek. Why Cave Creek you ask...well he had arranged a horse back riding. I have never ridden a horse! Yes, you read right never! You think I would of, considering my best friends both have horses (Jo and Andrea) or maybe the fact the my brother use to be a cowboy and my sister would ride horse all the time with her friends. I mean I have seen a plenty amount of horses, (I'm in the Lehi Stake, bound to seeing and smell farm life) I even went to feed and clean horses.
Well any how back to my story, Armando surprised me with a fun morning riding horses. We had a good time while a tour guide took us around the mountains in Cave Creek. The day was perfect, not to hot, not to cold, clear skies! Riding a horse for the first time was a little scary but within the first 15mins I was getting the hang of it. I must say though, I am NOT a cowgirl....I am Urban city girl, wearing my Converts, jeans and Peace earrings with my city scarf, I look a little ridiculous riding a horse.
I know, I am wearing a cowgirl hat... which I am totally not a cowgirl, but it was fun wearing it. :)-Enjoying life, and the adventures in it.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

That looks like so much fun. I'll trade you. You can live in Chicago with your peace earings, and I can live in AZ and go horseback riding with my cowboy hat. Sound like a plan? Maybe not. You look too good in your hat.

Merkley Jiating said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I am so glad you found me!

Bert and Benton said...

well, if you were a cowgirl, you'd make a very cute one. You look adorable in your hat! Isn't horseback riding so fun? I haven't done it in years, but i love it. My sister had a pony in her backyward yesterday,random I know, but apparently there's a weight limit on those and well, i'm definitely over it. what a fun day!!

Photography By Jo said...

AH!!! The hat looks good on you!!! CANDI! IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT YOU HAD NEVER BEEN ON A HORSE I WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU FOR SURE!!! I MIGHT HAVE EVEN SHOWED OFF MY SKILLS OF RIDING WITH MY EYES CLOSED! (My horse skills are about as good as my bike skills). I'm glad that you got to go. That's awesome. Ahh, I miss kissing my horse!