November 21, 2008

Opportunity of a Life Time!

Its official I am the intern for the 2010 American Humanics Management Institute!


What does that mean? First of all, I have a internship when I graduate and which entitles a 40 hour J.O.B! I have a contract to work with AHMI till Feb 2010. It also means I will be planning the annual institute for 1,000 students and nonprofit professional nationwide. The institute will be held in Phoenix, AZ, in January of 2010. This is pretty huge for me, I will get the opportunity to literally plan a conference, using all of the skills I have gained for the past four years at ASU. I will get to help fundraise and plan the entire 4 day event!!!


I have officially already started my internship last Thursday, I will not be putting as many hours in until January 2009 but it will still keep me busy. I extremely excited to get things started and to really get my hands wet in event planning. I hope I can make 2010 institute the best year ever. I want to thank everyone who helped me get to this spot in my life. I could not be happier, thank you....I feel as if though I have already succeeded.

(AHMI 2008 in Kansas City, looking forward to AHMI 2009 Indianapolis)

Want to know more about AHMI? Visit their site: Click here "The American Humanics Management/Leadership Institute (AHMI) is an intensive educational symposium established by American Humanics in 1973. AHMI provides the capstone experience in nonprofit management and leadership education. Local and national nonprofit leaders present issues pertinent to professional leadership and engage participants through workshops, dialogues, forums and case studies". You can also watch a video about American Humanics "Turning Passion into Results"

No comments: