July 29, 2009

Perfect Weekend Trip

It can get a little hot here in the valley, for this reason weekend trips are great! I took advantage of the 4th of July holiday weekend to experience Arizona. I knew a lot of people taking off to California and Mexico but I decided to adventure off here at home. Friday after work I decided to take off with Armando and venture to Sedona, Flagstaff and....... the Grand Canyon.

Day one of trip:
Sedona, red rocks, windy clouds and the smell of wet dirt, takes me to a healing point inside. Sedona is home to my favorite restaurant, the Hideaway. It is a great little place, hidden in the back of a plaza. It has the view of the Sedona mountains and the creek that runs below the restaurant. Besides the awesome view, it has delicious pizza and root bear floats. Sedona has many adventures and pricey activities, but if you get smart you realized you can do many things for free. We took a back road up this mountain, did some off-roading, talked to some locals and learned about the mountains near by. We ventured off to a trail, realizing we were on the same trail that PINK JEEP takes (an off-road jeep tour, that is over priced). No matter how many times I go to Sedona, it is always my favorite place to escape too!

Enjoy the pictures~ The 70 degree weather never felt so good :)

That glaze, is water! Yup, it was raining for about 30mins, created theses mini waterfalls.

Armando's model pose...with his farmers tan!Batman Mountain, venturing trailed we walked.Precious........I know
The view while driving to Flagstaff, as the storm moves on.

1 comment:

The Blakes said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip:) I feel inspired to take a little trip of my own to Sedona after reading this! How fun.