October 14, 2009

Is it wrong I haven't left yet?

I have been dating Armando for X about of years. Reason I don't tell people any more is because I am constantly judged. Yes, judged because it has been longer than five months and we are not wed, due to Mormon standards.

Dear everybody who has a opinion about my relationship,

I am happy with Armando and where we are right now, not married! For some reason you think I am not happy or I am doing the wrong thing. I have some news for you today, I'm fine where I stand! Yes, the prophets have said we should wed early, but the prophets say not to drink caffeine drinks, so hopefully we don't. I am not making fun of their council, I actually don't know what I am trying to say but the fact is we are NOT getting married tomorrow and we are NOT bad people for doing so. We are okay with it, Armando isn't ready for xyz reasons and I am not either. So are we wasn't our time?.............No.......... we are enjoying our time together because yes both of us do want to get married but its not our time yet. Please don't think its because of reasons you come up with your head. There are many legal, emotional, life choices we don't get married yet. We love each other and it's not as easy as saying let us get married. If you have a problem with it, I understand, actually I don't understand, I am not a bad person and either is he. I am women that makes smart choices, timely and right (most of the time) I don't want to RUSH.

Thank you for your concern, but please stop sugar coding your judgements. Okay, that was mean. I am a little fired up right now. I do love your advice, just know I think I know what I am doing and if I am wrong then I suppose Heavenly Father has a plan for me or else he would not be leading me down this path.

Love,
Candi

Trying to enjoy life, with someone I love dearly, the way I know how to do right now~

5 comments:

LEWIS LOVERS said...

i dated my husband for over a year before we got married. do it your own way dont listen to "mormon" ways:)

Whitni Watkins said...

GO YOU! ps your adorable and I heart you dearly

Candi said...

I am so glad to hear support! I really thought I was going to get shamed on, but thank you for understanding!

Liz said...

DO WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!! That's what Nav and I do! We dates for over a year and got crap for it! Now we have been married for almost 3 years and get crap for not having a kid yet!! Sorry but what the hell!! I too hate how people can not stop judging how others want to live their lives! I say as long as you are a good person and happy with what you are doing, then you should not have to worry about anything else!! You two are so cute by the way!

Tawnya said...

Good for you! You're only single until you're married, and then hopefully it's for eternity and you're happy with that decision. Until then, enjoy the single life and ignore the well-meaning critics.